Associate / Consultant (2017-2018)
Begin your career in consulting with a growing firm working with global innovators.
The Newry Associate / Consultant participates in all phases of a consulting engagement, from supporting analysis for new product strategies, to creating final engagement deliverables, to presenting their work during client updates. He/she is integral to the client engagement and participates by providing research, data collection and analytical support to the end product, as well as to other consulting team members during team interactions. Typical activities for Consultants include:
- Developing structured research approaches
- Performing research and conducting field interviews
- Developing quantitative analyses and synthesizing findings
- Writing and presenting client documents
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Excellent academic credentials. A bachelor’s degree from a competitive undergraduate program in a field such as economics, statistics, mathematics, business, physical sciences or engineering is required. An MBA or other relevant master’s degree is preferred. Consulting experience is not necessary, but related work and/or project experiences would be advantageous. Candidates with other exceptional backgrounds may also be considered.
- A background that demonstrates a command of both advanced technology (such as highly engineered products, materials science, etc.) and business concepts, as well as the ability to understand the commercial potential of products.
- Willingness to recognize that the client’s needs are paramount to the success of the firm. A career in consulting necessitates a demanding schedule to meet deadlines and produce excellent work products.
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively, including identifying critical business issues and providing strong problem structuring and work planning leadership.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to present to senior executives and facilitate meetings effectively.
- A strong work ethic, an insatiable curiosity, and an unselfish team spirit.
- The ability to travel globally is required. This position will be located in Lakewood, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland.